2001-2009 Ford 181 3.0L DOHC V6 Duratec 2001-2010 Mazda 3.0L DOHC V6 AJ Duratec NOTES: Steel-Top CHROME Rings RING WIDTH: 1.2mm/1.5mm/2.5mm
PISTON RINGSEach set of Piston Rings are engineered DIRECTLY for the application. High-grade gray cast iron for normal applications, ductile high-strength iron for heavy-duty and late model high-output engines. The reverse-twist, tapered face design of the second ring assures oil control in all types of engine operations. The tapered face assures instant seating of the intermediate groove rings.
These rings also do a better job of sealing compression and transferring heat from the pistons to the cooling system, which is ESSENTIAL for rebuilding today's lighter, hotter running engines. You simply CAN'T buy a better quality piston ring for any production application, AT ANY PRICE...
Why These Piston Rings?
The Right Materials!
The Right Face Coatings!
- High-grade gray cast iron is used for normal applications...
Premium ductile high-strength iron for heavy-duty, newer model engines, and late model high-output engines.
- Phosphate coatings are used for most intermediate groove and all compression rings on the standard Cast rings.
- Premium Chrome and Plasma-Moly coatings are used for most heavy duty applications, modern engines, high-performance, and are available for almost every model of vehicle. It allows for lower friction and longer life.
- Chrome Rings are electroplated and barrel lapped for optimum seating and performance. They seat quicker/easier, and unlike 'flash chromed rings', the chrome on these rings will last for over 100,000 miles in normal conditions.
Superior Oil Control and Metallurgy!
- Each set is engineered for the application...
Example: A tapered face, torional, reverse twist design is used in the intermediate groove on most passenger cars & light duty truck sets for maximum oil control in stop-and-go driving.
- These rings use more then one type of expander for the oil ring based upon ease of installation and functional requirements of each application. The tapered face assures instant seating of the intermediate groove ring.
- The chrome plated steel rails are pre-lapped for instant seating and long life.
- You can rely on superior fatigue resistance and uniform tension control throughout the normal life of the engine.
|Contents||Images shown are for illustrative purposes only. Buyer will receive correct parts for application described in listing.|
Any manufacturer(s) listed above are what we usually have in stock and are provided in these kits. Due to engine part turnover in the warehouses being so quick, we hold the right to substitute the manufacturer(s) listed with one of equal or greater quality.
Please contact us beforehand to verify the sizes you need are available. Oversizes are available at no extra charge.
Please specify sizes needed in PayPal 'notes' section or eBay email otherwise your kit will not ship.
Questions? Call Us:
Toll Free: (888).477.8006