Rods & Mains
1996-2000 Toyota 2.0L DOHC 3SFENOTE: Includes BOTH Main & Rod Bearings
Rod and Main BearingsThese bearings are manufactured by KING BEARINGS. King is one of the top manufacturers for the US Space Program. They use the same quality assurance on their engine bearings. King Bearings are not only of outstanding quality, but they are very unique in design. Here is where quality, design, and value all come together. These are simply the best bearings on the market. Also, because they're designed and manufactured to EXCEED O.E.M. specs, they'll provide improved reliability, performance, and a long service life.
Benefits of using these bearings:
Tri-Metal vs. Bi-Metal Bearings
- Traditional rod and main bearing construction is based upon a three layer configuration composed of a steel backing, a copper-lead layer and a very thin overlay of babbitt material only .0005' - .0008' thick.
- Alecular material is an alloy of aluminum, tin, copper and several other elements. Because it is an alloy, it maintains its properties throughout its entire depth, delivering consistent and reliable performance.
- These bearing uses just two layers, a high strength steel backing plus a bonded layer of 'Alecular' bearing material .012' - .015' thick.
- More than half of engine bearing failures are caused by metallic particles which scratch crank journals and tear or weaken thin babbitt overlays such as in the tri-metal bearing.
- Since Alecular bearing layer is much thicker than the babbitt overlay (.015' vs. .0008'), it provides eighteen (18) times more embed-ability than a tri-metal bearing to catch and hold particles so they don't scratch the crank journals. This is especially true for particles over .0004' in diameter which cause most of the damage.
- The much thicker layer of Alecular bearing material (.015' vs. .0008') allows the bearing to conform to problems such as metal to metal contact when there is misalignment present or the connecting rods stretch. Greater conform-ability means fewer bearing failures.
- The Alecular material's melting/fatigue point is over 1100 F, almost three times that of the thin babbitt overlay in a tri-metal bearing (400F). This means added protection against localized overheating due to misalignment, detonation, overloading, loss of coolant, etc.
|Contents||Images shown are for illustrative purposes only. Buyer will receive correct parts for application described in listing.|
Any manufacturer(s) listed above are what we usually have in stock and are provided in these kits. Due to engine part turnover in the warehouses being so quick, we hold the right to substitute the manufacturer(s) listed with one of equal or greater quality.
Please contact us beforehand to verify the sizes you need are available. Oversizes are available at no extra charge.
Please specify sizes needed in PayPal 'notes' section or eBay email otherwise your kit will not ship.
Questions? Call Us:
Toll Free: (888).477.8006